If you are interested in a place where Trauma Healing Based Learning takes place 24 hours a day, please consider Adora. Applications are accepted at any time. Learners may begin in the fall term, the winter term, or the summer term. It is easier for the learner to join us at the beginning of a term, but applications are considered at all times.
How to Apply
Please provide an overview of the family and student situation as you make your initial inquiry via phone or email.
Your initial inquiry will be followed by a phone interview with the significant adults in the life of the child.
After the phone interview, the Admissions team will meet to determine if Adora could be a place to meet the needs of your family.
An application, transcripts, standardized test results, psychological evaluations, records from in-patient or out-patient treatment, and immunization records must be submitted in order for the application file to be complete. Sometimes additional information may be requested in order to help all of us find the best option for you and your child.
After reviewing the documents, you and your child will be invited to visit campus. It is a time for all of us get to know each other better and to develop a deeper understanding of the trauma experienced in the life of your child and family.
When a family is invited to join our community, we make a commitment to you and ask you to make a commitment to support your child and grow with them in Trauma Healing Based Learning.
To complete the admissions process, the following records must be in our file:
- Application Form
- References (2)
- Copies of Transcripts and Standardized Testing
- Immunization Record
- Parent/Guardian Agreement
- Insurance Data & Medical Consent Form
- Prescription Medication Form
- Non-Prescription Medication Form
- Psychiatric/Counseling History
- Vision and Dental Forms
- Athletic Consent & Waiver
- Equestrian Activity Waiver Form
- Parent Commitment Contract
- Referrals to Healthcare Professionals in the Cedar Rapids area are also Required.
Admissions /(319) 327-3782
- Application Fee: $250 (required with application)
- Tuition and Board for each Trimester: $15,000
- Board during School Breaks: $1,500 per week–only available if all bills are paid in full at time/date of the break
- Annual Curriculum Fee: $750
- Uniform Shirts (purchase at Adora): average cost $25 per shirt
- Personal Spending Money: $40 per month
- Music Lessons: cost varies
- Community College Classes: cost based on college fees
Enrollment requirements for learners with state mandated Individual Education Plans (IEPs), or similar federal plans, are considered on a case by case basis. While Adora offers extensive individualized learning for learners, special education services are not offered. If an IEP is coordinated with Adora, any additional costs are the responsibility of the learner’s family.